Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Teatime specials

I am a big tea drinker, so I was hugely excited that Twinings 100 teabag varieties are currently $6 at Woolworths (save a whopping $4.09).



When I was in there last week, I snapped up some Good Earl, but all the English Breakfast had sold out already. A lady was searching for the EBT and as I watched her reach for it she gave a consterned sigh when she saw there was none there.

"You could try Irish Breakfast," I suggested brightly.
"I know what I wanted," she pouted.

Aww, too bad.

To go with your tea, Woolworths cinnamon donuts are currently half price – $1.94 for a dozen. They're freshly baked daily. Be the hero of your workplace and come back with donuts for everyone's morning tea!

Tim Tams, Royals, Mint Slice and other Arnott's chocolate biscuits are on special for $2 at Woolworths… but also at Foodworks!

Or you could try the intriguing Little Chef's frozen sweet pastizzi for $2.49 each (also half price). I am a massive fan of frozen pastizzi as they're a fancy catering option for parties and yet all you do is take 'em out of the freezer and bung 'em in the oven.



The flavour featured in the Woolies catalogue is Berry Bliss (strawberries and ricotta), but apparently there are also Grandma's Strudel (apple and ricotta) and Zesty Lemon (lemon and ricotta).

No comments:

Post a Comment